Monday, April 23, 2012

Refashioned Sailor Skirt.

I am pretty excited about this post because it features a project that has been sitting in my closet just itching to be completed! :)

As I was wandering around Goodwill one day I came across this pattern...

Cute right??
And I thought "I'm going to buy this and do something with it." Not really having a plan of action but I just knew I loved this pattern and wanted to make something out of it. The shirt is a size L and I normally wear S  so project number one.
Next, I came across a hideous skirt that came up above my belly button and fell right above my ankles (Picture this with me) but was the exact same shade of blue as on the shirt. Not quite my size either, but considering how perfect they went together I embarked on my  mission.



Meet old, ugly, outdated skirt.


(Inside out view)

First I cut out all that ridiculous lining that does nothing but cling to you even more.



Next, I cut the skirt to my desired length and left the pockets in tact.

Then I pinned across the bottom and sewed it using a straight stitch. 

This was the final outcome of both the shirt and skirt together. What do you think??


Pair with another cute summery top and go!

BTW- I really hate taking posed picture so I apologize that they are a tad awkward. But awkward does define me so...whatevs!



Romans 12:6 "Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them."

Find a way to use your gifts today!
Ab



1 comment:

  1. Abs- I am SO impressed with you!! GREAT job, girl!! I seriously need a sew date/lesson with you soon! (:

    ReplyDelete