Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chicken Fajitas

Today is an exciting day on How I Roll............drum roll please................my very first recipe post.

Like I've said before, I despise cooking. I hate taking the time to prepare something and then having to wait for it to be done (my impatient side coming out). But when I do cook, on the rare occasion, I have a few favorite recipes. Chicken Fajitas being one of them.



Ingredients:
1 pack--boneless chicken breasts
1 pack--whole wheat tortillas
1- orange bell pepper
1- yellow bell pepper
1- red bell pepper
1/2 packet of fajitha seasoning
dash of red pepper seasoning.
1 cup of olive oil (or your preferred cooking oil)
1 cup of white or whole wheat rice

Step One---
 Slice up your chicken and peppers into thin strips.


Step Two---
 Combine oil, fajita seasoning and peppers in a skillet to begin cooking. Add chicken after the peppers are at your personal desired texture (personally I like mine still a little crisp) and cook until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.

Step Three---
  Begin cooking rice (follow box instructions) when you put your chicken into the skillet. The chicken takes the least amount of time to cook so 5 minute rice works well to cook at the same time as the chicken. Add a dash of red pepper seasoning to your rice to spice it up a bit.




Step Four---
  Place chicken, peppers and rice into a tortilla
  Top with your favorite dressing or sauce (mine is ranch)

  and Enjoy!!!



Ab





  



No comments:

Post a Comment