Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bees?

So today as I was getting ready for work my mom RUNS into my room and says "YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS, COME HERE!" She is half disgusted and half completely freaked out, so in my bathrobe I walk to the window and look out.

All I can see from three stories up is that something, rather large, is hanging from a branch in the back yard. I proceed to ask her what the heck that is?? She replies---bees.

We knew there was, what we thought was a small infestation in the hollow of one of the trees. Turns out that little hollow was overcrowded so about half of them came swarming out of the tree onto this branch. She just happened to be outside doing some yard work and said she heard them swarm out. Ummm, no thanks!!!


This thing is AT Least 2 feet long. CRAZINESS

Ew, ew, ew.

They split into two different little colonies after about 15 mins.



Really gross, but actually really cool to see. God, I understand bees and what they do for the world but I'm not really understanding why they had to come infest our yard.

We're gonna call a beeman and hopefully get him here tomorrow because apparently Honey Bees are almost extinct and they will take them away for free!!


He makes ALL things, creepy and crawly,
Ab

No comments:

Post a Comment