Monday, January 30, 2012

Lamp tutorial

Over the summer I was at a friends house and she had a pretty cool lamp. It had a hole drilled in the back and had Christmas lights strewn throughout it. My little crafty mind went racing and I thought I HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE. So ALL summer I was looking for Christmas lights...and go figure NO WHERE sells them in the heat of the summer. Lame. Well anywhoo this fall my mom finally picked some up for me at none other than her favorite store-Goodwill for $0.50.

Materials:
A vase (the more unique the better)
2 Strands of Christmas lights.
A lamp shade (eventually I'll recover this to match my room a little better)






1. Because I didn't have the necessary tools to drill a hole in the vase, the cord just comes out of the top: it works just fine!


2: In order to have the lamp shade sit tall enough I had to place an old CD($0) on top of the vase.
FINAL PRODUCT (until next time ;)



Total cost:
Vase- $0.50
Christmas lights- $0.50
Lamp shade- $1.00

$2.00

Enjoy,
Ab

No comments:

Post a Comment