Monday, January 16, 2012

Empty hands.

This line of the song Fall Apart by Josh Wilson always sends my mind racing.


"Blessed are the ones who understand 
We've got nothing to bring but empty hands"

How true is this though! We have nothing that would ever amount to anything in God's book. We can try and try to please him and live a life worthy of Him, but we are all still sinners and still all fall short so the best thing we can do is run to him with our hands empty and hearts full. So here I sit, Lord, with my hands empty and praising and thanking you Lord for your unfailing mercy and grace. Thank you that you love and see the beauty in empty hands. Beauty in the broken and fallen. You are the healer and fulfiller of everything, so why would I or anyone else ever need anything else? My prayer for me and everyone that reads this is that we will all realize we are all broken, troubled, fallen people and we need to come with open hearts and empty hands to a Father that loves us through everything. AMEN. 

Stay encouraged,
Ab


No comments:

Post a Comment