Thursday, June 21, 2012

One of life's greatest joys

Spending time with dear friends is the most rewarding and treasured time. Two of my friends and I have decided to do a weekly craft night. With all the hype of Pinterest and our little crafty selves it is the perfect activity for us to enjoy together! :) Our first project was making shelves out of pallets. Once I finally paint mine and hang it I'll make sure to post some blog-worthy photographs until now....Here are a few snapshots of our evening. We did a double header and made two crafts in one night!

Our first en-devour was the "Salt dough". You are supposed to be able to mix Flour, salt, and water and make really cool jewelry. Such as this fingerprint jewelry and these cute necklaces!
 Well we attempted and so far--no bueno. I am going to paint mine tonight and see how they turn out! I'll let you all know!



Our second attempt was another popular pin- the canvas flower.
You purchase a canvas (any size) and paint it your desired color.
Then cut out coordinating scrap booking or any type of printed paper to act as the flower petals.


Silly friends are the best friends <3

 I apologize for the "monkiness" of this picture but it makes me laugh.



These turned out way better than expected and are very easy!


So all in all, we are 2 for 3. Not too bad ;)


Thank you God for beautiful friends with gracious, loving hearts. Ones that have been with me since 8th grade that have been forever faithful. Thank you so much for the friendship we have and that will continue to grow for many, many years.


Happily,
Ab

1 comment: