Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Life gets so busy.

Isn't that the truth. I feel like I have been going non-stop for weeks now with no time to just chill. That is okay though because all of this hard work I have been putting in is for a very special reason---- in just 15 short days I will be boarding an airplane (so much excitement) and heading to ALASKA!!!

We have had so many fundraisers and events from car washes, church dinners, Chick-fil-A spirit nights the past few weeks that I have barely had time to stop and think about this adventure in any real detail.

I am beyond excited, nervous, and ready to be off on this mission trip! I, like every other person love missions trips but I think my love is just a little bit more! Sometimes I wish I was called to be a missionary, but sadly that's not the case. :( If I could never take a relaxing and leisurely vacation again to go on as many missions trips as I could- I totally would!!! Anyways, me and about 15 others will be going to Alaska to minister to homeless teens, put on a Vacation Bible School, and help with some labor around a church. Alaska has the highest teen homeless rate in the nation so I am praying to get my mind and heart in gear to minister, love, and hopefully worship with these teens. Please pray for our group for safety, wisdom, and just an uplifting and impacting time!

Titis 2:12 "It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age"




God, help me to live above the world and to have the self control and perseverance to say NO to those things that bring us all down.


Ab

No comments:

Post a Comment