Saturday, June 16, 2012

Countdown-One Week!

For those of you who don't know in one short week I will be on a plane (WOOHOO!!!!!) and on my way to Alaska. Yesterday our group fasted over this trip and let me tell you it was not easy. It was a food and technology fast so no eating and no technology! The group decided to do it from Friday morning until about 7 pm Friday night but Henry and I decided that we wanted to do a full 24 hours, so after feasting at Scotto's and feeling like we were gonna POP we began the fast. Honestly, the technology part was easy for me. I got much crafting, praying, and praising God time in (nothing better really :)). The eating part is what was hard. Especially when you work at Chick-fil-A, my stomach growled and grumbled all day. We all made it through and I am thankful for the time I took to do something challenging and place my focus more on God and less on worldly things.

There are so many reasons to love this trip--
Including:
I love serving people
I love meeting new people
I LOVE LOVE LOVE airplanes and it has been far too long since my last visit with one
I love the adventure that this trip is going to bring
I love the outdoors-Alaska is going to blow my mind. I'm confident in that
I love mission trips and the closeness I feel to God on them
I love the boy that I am going to share this crazy week with. I guess we'll find out if he's a keeper after this week ;)

Most of all I am excited to be able to minister to those who have NEVER heard the gospel.


God,
I pray that you use me, my team, and all the other groups coming from all over the country. Lord, make your will be done in Alaska and help us to reach the unreachable. Help us to focus on you at all times and use us in new, exciting, fun, and loving ways. Be with us in all that we do and please just prepare our hearts and minds for this trip.
Amen.

Ab

No comments:

Post a Comment