Monday, November 22, 2010

Yesterday was a super fun day. I got to go to Chick-fil-a with Bethany, Katherine, and Ashley and decorate the store for Christmas. Now I'm typically not the type of person to get super excited for Christmas and all the festivities that go along with it, but this year I am pumped for decorating and cooking. The second part of that should surprise you if you know me. I HATE TO COOK. It takes way to long and I just get really impatient when I have to spend and hour preparing the food then wait another hour to actually eat the food; but I'm actually excited to cook for Thanksgiving and Christmas! :) Actually, I'm so ready for Christmas I am sitting all alone in my newly decorated suite while baking some fresh apples...oh help. When did I turn into this homemaker type girl?? Its actually super relaxing though and maybe I should take time once in a while to cook meals that take longer than 15 mins. When I was peeling the apples and preparing them it was a chance for my brain to just wander and not have to think about anything in particular. We are all so blessed that God has given us free-will to think about whatever we want to, to do whatever we want to, and the uniqueness so that we are not all the same. I am so thankful that I am unique and he carefully shaped ME with His hands. How wonderful? Seriously! He put so much effort into each of us to make us different we should all delight in every little detail he has put within us to differentiate us from others. 

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 

Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment