Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thank You.

Starting this blog was an honest off the wall and dare devil thing for me. I do not know what influenced me to want to do this, but all week I found myself craving the time to write again. My week was suppose to be relatively easy with only one, not even big, test this week, No work at Chick-fil-a, and just some time to spend with my friends here at school. Yet by last night the stress and overwhelm flooded in. While sitting down and talking with my one of my roommates we both just started to loose it. I kid you not, by the end of the night, we had yelled and cried and just let everything that was on our plates this week out. We decided that after a nice trip to Chick-Fil-a, to redeem free sandwiches we would pick our lives back up. We both talked about how we feel numb to everything in our life. School work, spiritual life, personal life, just everything is going day by day with no real control. It was very encouraging and hopeful to hear that my best friend was feeling the exact same way as me. It was an honest and open conversation and it meant a lot to know that we can talk about anything. I love this girl to death, no lie! :) While neither of us know what is going to happen within the next day, week or month. It is always comforting to know that someone out there is feeling the same way as you.

Psalm 33:11
But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.


So have you ever had a day where you are extremely thankful for everything? I mean everything. This week has been a wild week for me and I am so thankful for some time to sit and process everything that happened. I am thankful for my dreaded Race and Gender test to be over. I am thankful for my living situation, for the opportunity to live with close friends, and get to know new ones as well. I am thankful for the sunshine and perfect temperatures that followed the dark and cold days. I am thankful to sit in my suite all alone and just think right now. As I was walking from class, as cliche as it sounds, I felt the warm sun on my back and found myself thankful. I heard birds chirping in the trees next to the art center and sand volleyball courts and felt thankful. I was even thankful for my teacher Elroy today, and the person he is. Today has just been an overall thankful day. So today I am thankful. 

I cried out with no reply
And I can't feel You by my side
So I'll hold tight to what I know
You're here and I"m never alone

And though I cannot see You
And I can't explain why
Such a deep, deep reassurance
You've placed in my life
-Never Alone, Barlow Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment